Friday, May 25, 2018

Angels In My Mailbox

Last month, I was the lucky recipient of a surprise package from Tom at The Angels In Order. I received a big envelope with over 170 cards in them, all of them featuring the Red Sox - and most of them were needs!


Obviously, there too much to show, so a few highlights will have to suffice:

1980 Topps #200 Jim Rice (AS)

I was genuinely surprised that I didn't have this card in my collection already!

1988 Panini Stickers #22 Bruce Hurst

Pardon if my memory is hazy after 30 years, but I am fairly certain I almost completed this sticker album. I vaguely remember being just a few cards short. I almost wish I knew where it was so I could look through it again.

1991 Stadium Club Charter Member Ellis Burks

I had never heard of this Charter member set before this card. It was a multi-sport set featuring mostly baseball, with a splash of football and hockey.

1992 Post Cereal #19 Wade Boggs

That, my friends, is the smile of a man who just smelled some fried chicken. May we all be that happy in life!

1993 Classic Game #T94 Mo Vaughn

I actually have an unopened copy of this game, so I haven't seen many of the actual cards that were  included.

1993 Fleer #717 Roger Clemens/Dennis Eckersley (SSS)

Fleer had some great multi-player cards in its hey-day, and this one is just awesome.

1993 Upper Deck #33 Tony Pena (CH)

I always liked Tony Pena, especially when he'd stick his leg out during his crouch. More cards should celebrate players for their off-field accomplishments.

2008 Topps Updates and Highlights #UH150 Jon Lester (HL)

After coming back from cancer, Lester's no-hitter remains one of those great baseball stories.

2014 Heritage #135 2013 World Series Game 4

Two grown bald men that would tug on each other's beards whenever they hit a homer. I vaguely recall an old WWF/WWE tag team that would do something similar...

2017 Topps Bunt - Progams #PR-JB Jackie Bradley Jr.

Bunt's Programs inserts are some of my favorite inserts from the past few years - they look fantastic!

2018 Heritage #146 Hanley Ramirez

I realized all of a sudden why I like the Red Sox cards in this year's Heritage set - It's the hedge! The hedge backdrop makes all the difference!

I'm overwhelmed by the generosity! Thanks again Tom - you're awesome!









No comments:

Post a Comment