Monday, August 13, 2018

Some Goodwill Between Bloggers

Back in June, I showed off a bag of cards I had found at the local Goodwill. I found some good stuff, but the best thing I got out of it was a trade! Marc, a trading extraordinaire who runs the blog Remember The Astrodome, was eyeing any Astros I had in a stack of 1988 Score Glossy. I happily pulled the four cards I had and sent them, along was a few extras, to him. In exchange, he sent me:


In that same Goodwill post I also found some 1991 Donruss I didn't have. I mentioned how fairly close I was to completing the set, and Marc reached out to find out what else I needed. He ended up sending me most of what was missing. I'm now in the single digits towards completion!

Marc also graciously added a few cards from my "So Close!" page:


Those 2 Diamond Kings were the last two I needed for the 1990 Donruss set, and the Willie McGee completes the Bonus Cards insert set as well!

Thanks again for the trade, Marc!



2 comments:

  1. One day, I'd love to collect all of the 1982-1992 Donruss Diamond Kings and throw them into a binder for easy display. They're truly beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! They were one of the best things about collecting Donruss! The artwork was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete