Friday, September 21, 2018

Payday Pack - A Bunch Of Posers

As per my habit, I got paid and rewarded myself with some cardboard. I'm still enjoying the Archive set, so an 18 card hanger pack was an easy choice. Here are my Top 3 cards from the pack:

3rd Place

2018 Archives #299 Mike Trout

This is the only in-game action card in the entire pack...and he's standing. It's a small sample size, but if the majority of this set lacks action, that's a bit of a disappointment. I could see the posed shots for the older sets where it was common, but the 1981 set had enough action photos to the point where Archives could have included more.

2nd Place

2018 Archives #14 Andrew Benintendi

Always good to get a Red Sox card in the pack, and young up-and-comer Benintendi is a good one to get. Those background hedges are becoming almost as commonplace as the Green Monster...

1st Place

2018 Archives #81 Goose Gossage

I'm glad they decided to show off the vintage Padres uniform as opposed to another card of him as a Yankee. Strangely, I kind of think the green border compliments the ugly color scheme of the uniform. I don't know why, but it works.

Others Not Appearing On Stage:
#63 Blake Snell
#90 Andrew Miller
#89 Julio Teheran
#27 Max Fried
#197 Ender Incarte
#190 Carlos Carrasco
#115 Orlando Arcia
#151 Carlos Santana
#136 Marcell Ozuna
#FS-BAL Austin Hays/Chance Sisco/Tanner Scott (1981 Topps Future Stars Trio insert)
#CA-6 Alex Verdugo (Coming Attractions insert)
#222 Jose Ramirez
#209 Starlin Castro
#296 Gregory Polanco
#260 Elvis Andrus


2 comments:

  1. Love Archives. Love the Padres. Love Goose. But that's the least intimidating photo of him in existence. Reminds of a middle school yearbook photo or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fuji beat me to the punch. That's really the best photo they could find for him? However, I think you're spot on with the green working well with that Padres color scheme.

    ReplyDelete