Monday, March 23, 2020

A Generous Bounty From Padrographs

Over the next week, you're going to hear a lot about how awesome Rod from Padrographs is. Back in December, he was just giving away stacks of cards, and I was more than happy to give some unwanted Red Sox cards a new home!


Rod's mailer contained stacks of cards, so I'm going to break them up and show one pack now, the other later. I'm just going to highlight a few of the cards too - it'd take to long to show them all off!


As much as I'm against Topps using the same base set design to produce multiple sets (Chrome, Opening Day, Holiday, etc), I can't help but appreciate how these Chrome cards look in hand. I didn't realize the Family Business insert got the Chrome treatment before I saw Pedro's shiny goodness!


Stadium Club cards will always be welcome, and the Bogaerts card looks good in sepia.


These Topps Total and Topps Mini are the first online exclusive cards in my collection. I find it funny that Erik Kratz stuck his way into the Red Sox stack. I'm actually quite happy to add him to my collection - he used to play for my hometown's summer collegiate team!


Rod is known for his impressive collection of autographs, so it seems appropriate to get a few signatures in the pack! Gabe Speier made his MLB debut for the Royals last September, while Stankiewicz has apparently moved on to the Mexican League. (I was a little surprised by that actually - He led the AAA team in innings pitched last year and probably could have gotten a shot at the big league club this year.)

I'll show off the other pack on Friday! Thanks for the cards Rod!

4 comments:

  1. Rod's care packages are awesome! I always enjoy the variety and thought he puts into building them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That explains why I got a Brewers bounty from Rod instead of Red Sox! The Stadium & Chrome cards are great, and it's always nice to see guys like Hembree, Velazquez (and Kratz) in a non-flagship set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rod is good people... and he seems to always have lots of neat things to send to fellow bloggers!

    ReplyDelete