Monday, April 6, 2020

The Generousity Of Too Many Verlanders

I like to think I have a good grasp of what cards are coming my way in the mail. I don't do a lot of trading at one time, so it's easy to manage what I've sent out and what I've received. When I get a unexpected mailing, it's definitely a surprise, and always a pleasant one. It's an even bigger surprise when it's from someone I've never traded with before.

Dennis, from the blog Too Many Verlanders, sent me a random gift of Red Sox recently. Outside of being a regular reader of his blog, we've never had any dealings with each other. The fact he took the time and effort to send me such a thoughtful package of cards was heart-warming and put a big smile on my face.


It's hard to pick a favorite here! 3 relics and 2 of the most popular pitchers in recent Boston history! They're all great!

Thanks a bunch, Dennis! Someday we'll conduct a proper trade and I'll get an opportunity to repay your kindness!

3 comments:

  1. Glad you liked them! Let's trade soon, especially when I can find more Sox for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dennis is the man! I've never seen that 1-2-3 relic before. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I had to choose... I'd say that GQ Youkilis relic. But the Wakefield refractor is a close second.

    ReplyDelete