Saturday, September 11, 2021

Top 5 Hall Of Fame: Derek Jeter

One would think that as a Red Sox fan who has witnessed Derek Jeter be a thorn in Boston's side time and again, that I would have a difficult time selecting 5 cards that I like featuring Captain Re2pect(*TM) November. But the truth is, I found this task quite easy. Despite the fact I never accepted him as my Lord and Savior, I found that there are many different qualities in his cards that I enjoy. Finishing off my Hall of Fame tributes, here are a chronological listing of the best Jetes in my collection:

1993 Select #360

 
I like Derek Jeter cards where the generic blue sky background makes it look more like he's squatting than jumping.

1995 Upper Deck Minors #1


I like Derek Jeter cards that don't show him in those obnoxious pinstripes.

2010 Topps #269

 
I like Derek Jeter cards that don't show his face.

2012 Panini Triple Play #57


I like Derek Jeter cards that make him look an old man in some obscure anime cartoon.

2015 Topps #1


I like Derek Jeter's sunset card because it reminds me I don't have to watch him play in the field anymore.

Congrats, Mr. Jeter. Nomar at his peak was better...
 
 
 
 

Still remembering after 20 years


7 comments:

  1. lol, this is great.

    I don't mind Jeter and am not one of those idiots who thinks he doesn't belong in the HOF. Per usual, the irritating part of him was the media obsession and the Topps obsession.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite baseball players,from my hometown, of Kalamazoo, Michigan, a.k.a. The Kalamazoo Kid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That 2015 Topps card is one of my favorites too. The NYY are my least favorite MLB team... but it's hard not to respect Jeter, his accomplishments, and the way he wrapped things up at Yankee Stadium. Shame it wasn't the final game of his career.

    ReplyDelete
  4. triple play jeter sort of looks like mr. magoo. i was a bigger fan of nomar, too, but i re2pect the talent. (did i do that right?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that 1995 UD Minors. It's one that I have never picked up, for some reason.

    ReplyDelete