Friday, August 26, 2022

Trapped In Time: Remnants Of The 23rd Trade


I'm not a betting man, but if I were I would bet that this month's card will end up in my collection. Why am I so confident? Because I currently have two copies of it in the trade stack! So don't fret if you miss out on this one - I have another!
 
Trade #23 (Tom: The Angels In Order)
Traded 07/19/18: 1958 Topps #341 Pittsburgh Pirates (CL, TC), 1982 Fleer #660 Specials Checklist

Received 07/26/18:
  • 1979 Topps #465 Reggie Smith
  • 1956 Topps #21 Joe Collins (See Trade #60)
 
 
Outside a couple of giveaway posts earlier this year, Tom (The Angels In Order) has been retired from the blogging community. Back in the day, he was the guy when it came to collecting checklists. In this trade he acquired a couple, including a fantastic 1958 Pirates team card. Ironically, I was able to trade away the oldest card while a card 23 years its senior languished in Time Travel purgatory.

The 1979 set is an anomaly in my collection. I have over 70% of the 1977 and 1978 sets, over half of the 1980 set, and completed the 1981 set. Right in the middle is 1979 Topps which I have less than 80 cards of. I don't know why that is, but should no one claim Mr. Smith, he'll get me one card closer to maybe someday cracking the 3-digit mark on this set.

If anyone wants him, just offer me an older card!

1 comment:

  1. I swear nobody on TCDB wants 79s either. I have a bunch on my trade list and wouldn't want a lot back for them, but still there are very few interested parties.

    ReplyDelete