Monday, April 15, 2024

A Mysterious Gift Of Sabres

The NHL hockey season officially winds down this week, with the last games of the regular season set to be played on the 18th. The playoff will begin a few days after, and for the 13th straight year, my Buffalo Sabres will not be among the playoff teams. Despite this extended futility, there are a lot of positives on the team that I remain hopeful that next year things will break in their favor and the streak will end.

Speaking of positive things, I received a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) last week. Someone sent me an envelope of cards. The return address merely said TCDB, so obviously this is another member of that site. The postmark was stamped from Hartford, CT. I have no clue who sent these, but they made my day!

 
Favorite Card: That is such an awesome shot of Tage Thompson stretched out!

My sincerest thanks to whoever sent these. It makes me feel good knowing someone thought of me in such a manner! I hope your hockey team is one of the playoff bound ones, and I hope you get to enjoy some exciting playoff hockey because of them.

4 comments:

  1. You got a mystery RAK too, huh? Very nice mix of Sabres here. Hope they can finally break that streak and get to the playoffs next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this year was going to be the slump-buster. ... I like the vintage there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the faceoff shots from the push pin set. Wish I had started collecting hockey cards just a few years earlier, so I could have opened some of that product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see that you were included as well :)

    ReplyDelete