Monday, July 17, 2017

SEC - Bracket Matchup #9

Extra! Extra! Tie Breaker Decides Winner!

Another tie means the older card advances!

The main reason why I was able to get a bracket out of the 30 Day Challenge was because some of those posts featured multiple cards. Today's competition features two cards from two of those posts. Based on the comments on I got from the other 1990 Donruss in this championship, I'm fairly certain this will be another lop-sided vote:

1990 Donruss #15 Ozzie Guillen DK
 VS
2004 Topps World Champions Boston Red Sox #49 Team Celebration ALCS7

The Case For Ozzie Guillen: Um....Ozzie has a sweet 'stach? The fondness for Diamond Kings has no limit? Ozzie did lead the White Sox to their first title in 87 years - a longer World Series drought than the fabled Curse the Red Sox broke!

The Case For The 2004 ALCS Game 7:  The card says it all - Greatest Comeback Ever! Yeah, I'm biased, but even if you're not a Red Sox fan, you have to admit this was an impressive feat!

Leave a comment and tell me who should advance and why!

2 comments:

  1. I may be wearing different color socks, but I have to vote for Boston here. Just a better card all around.

    ReplyDelete