Friday, December 8, 2017

My Favorite Card Of 2017

P-Town Tom from the blog Waiting 'Til Next Year is having a contest asking his fellow bloggers to post their favorite card of 2017.

This is an easy one. There was one card this year that has put a big smile on my face every time I see it. To me, it represents everything good about baseball:

2017 Stadium Club #77 Rick Porcello

It's great, I absolutely love it. Hanley Ramierez photo-bombing a photo shoot, and the 3 pitchers just can't keep a straight face. I can't either. Sadly, I don't own this card...yet. It's still accepted under the rules of the contest, but let's showcase my favorite from my collection:

2017 Topps Archives - 1960 Rookie Star #RS-3 Andrew Benintendi (RC)

What makes this card so great is how well it parallels another iconic card. Back in 1960, there was another rookie star who played in front of the Green Monster at Fenway:

1960 Topps #148 Carl Yastrzemski (RC)

Alright, so Yaz started out at 2nd Base - we all know where he ended up! Still, the Benintendi is a great throwback card, and I was very excited to pull this insert in the only pack of Archives I was able to find in stores this year.

What's your favorite card from this year?

3 comments:

  1. That is a sweet Porcello card. You may have some competition finding one now that I am aware of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there is enough for both of us out there! Happy hunting!

      Delete