Monday, August 3, 2020

The Collector's Time Capsule

Did you want me
Did you need me
Could you not say
You believed me
And our love is in a time capsule
- Matthew Sweet, "Time Capsule"

Chris, AKA The Collector, went excavating in his mom's attic and rediscovered loot from a bygone era. Among the treasures were some cards, which he graciously offered up to anyone who wanted them.  I took him up on his kind offer to snag a few goodies:



Chris included some extra cards as well. Thanks Chris!

Favorite Card: Bill "The Spaceman" Lee's last base card as a member of the Red Sox gets the win!

As I was reading Chris's post about his "Time Capsule" discovery, the above song by Matthew Sweet  kept popping in my head. If you've never heard it, I'll end things off with the video. Enjoy!



5 comments:

  1. I was happy to share my time capsule finds with fellow collectors. Nice to see a couple of them find a home in your Red Sox collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSWKw15rCoI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Matthew Sweet! Brought it hard with "Girlfriend" in karaoke a few years back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. I was going to build a "collector's time capsule" last year... but totally forgot. I'm not even sure where I put the box, but there are some 2019 packs in there.

    ReplyDelete