Monday, November 13, 2017

SEC - Quarterfinals Match Up #2

Extra! Banks moves on to Semifinals!

I'm interested in seeing how this week's match-up plays out. On one hand, Rickey's rookie is an iconic card and definitely the more valuable. However, it terms of photography and card design, the McCutchen has the advantage. It is truly a great looking card.


2015 Topps Pittsburgh Pirates #PIP-1 Andrew McCutchen
 VS
1980 Topps #482 Rickey Henderson (RC)

Andrew McCutchen
Bracket Round: defeated Dustin Pedroia (3-1)
Sweet 16 round: defeated Roger Clemens (5-3)
Name Anagram: Mr Chanced New Cut (fitting given he cut off his famous dreads...)

Rickey Henderson
Bracket Round: defeated Lee Evans (1-0)
Sweet 16 Round: defeated Paul Molitor (3-2)
Name Anagram: Skinny Hero Creed

It's time to vote! Which is the better card? Comment below with your vote (or vote on the TCDB thread here! I'll count that too!)

7 comments:

  1. I have to go with Cutch, just because of those flying dreads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutch for the photo and the lack of fake signature

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to vote for the iconic Henderson rookie card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henderson, because the one I have is the card I've probably had the longest time. Either that, or the 89 Billy Ripken.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, I'm a Cutch fan, but I have to vote for one of the best RC's of the 80's here. Henderson for me.

    ReplyDelete