Friday, November 10, 2017

Trade #1 - The First Of Many?

I've finally opened that door - I've completed my first real online trade. Awhile back, Robert from $30 A Week Habit posted about some 2017 Donruss Optic cards he had opened. Ironically, I too had recently bought a pack, and offered up a straight one-for-one trade of players from our respective favorite teams. In exchange for a shiny parallel of Josh Donaldson, I got to add this to my collection:

2017 Donruss Optic - Purple #4 Chris Sale (DK)

This is my first card of Sale in a Red Sox uniform (Well, OK, represented as being a member of the Red Sox is more like it...) I like the head shot here - I almost wish I knew what he was saying at that moment.

I've always had a fondness for Donruss Diamond Kings. However, I wish they would go back to using artistic drawings like from the Perez Steele heyday. This just looks like standard issue insert. It has no personality, nothing to truly set it apart from the rest of the set. Since Panini doesn't have an MLB license, they should try and recapture those glory days when possible.

So, there it is, my first trade. I'll just throw it out there - if you see anything on my blog that you want/need, then let me know. I don't have any real want lists or collecting goals (I should work on that), so I'm pretty flexible when it comes to return packages. Red Sox are always welcome!

If you're on the Trading Card Database, you can message me (User Name: Kep75) or contact me through my blog!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Matt,
    Check out the trade bait page on my blog. I have lots of Red Sox. Let me know what you want. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have a card for your Yaz collection. I'll have to dig around and find it!

      Delete
  2. I too prefer the drawing style Diamond Kings, back when Donruss was still its own company not a revived brand name for the Panini Kingdom. I like that they have brought back many of the Donruss/Leaf brands. I don't like that Panini doesn't have any licensing so they have to make their Unlicensed sets look hi-quality to cover up the fact they can't show logos or give team names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, glad I finally found your blog! I appreciate the trade, and I've found a couple of other Chris Sale cards to send your way. Hopefully these won't take as long....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have also added you to my blog roll and sent friend request through TCDB (Rmitchell6700)

      Delete
    2. Thanks Robert! Friendship accepted!

      Delete