Friday, November 25, 2022

Trapped In Time: Remnants Of The 27th Trade

 
Good news! Last month's remnant was successfully traded away! Let's see if we can get a little streak going here!

It's ironic that after celebrating the 200th trade for this project, that today's orphaned cards show up. There was a time when the Time Travel Trading Project hit a big lull, with few if any trades happening. In an effort to try and jump start some offers, I put cards that were not moving on the proverbial chopping block, much like I'm doing now. This is one of those times where I cast the line and got a bite.
 
Trade #27 (Gavin: Baseball Card Breakdown)
Traded 10/18/18: 1978 Topps #445 Mike Ivie, 1978 Topps #471 Roy Smalley, 1978 Topps #581 Lynn McGlothen

Received 10/19/18:
  • 1975 Topps #378 Derrel Thomas
  • 1975 Topps #402 Bob Tolan
  • 1973 Topps #29 Tony Taylor (See Trade #82)
The very first Time Travel Trade netted me a 1979 Topps and three 1978 Topps cards. I was able to trade the 1979 card, but 8 months later I had no interest in any of the 1978's. Trades had started to slow down, and I decided to give those cards one last pimp before removing them completely. Gavin (Baseball Card Breakdown) rescued two of them, becoming the first trade I had in almost two months!
 

I've talked about how these trades have branched out before. For some reason, this particular branch had some bad luck associated with it. It took 2 1/2 years before I was able to trade the Tony Taylor card, and for whatever reason, the 2 1975 cards still remain. Perhaps it's time to snip this particular branch. If no one claims them by the next update, I'm pulling them and adding them to my collection. 
 
Because Derrel and Bob have been together since the beginning, I'll even entertain a 2-for-1 offer - just one pre-1975 card for the both of them! Who wants them?

1 comment:

  1. I'll trade for the Derrel Thomas card, but if someone wants both of them I'll step out of the way.

    ReplyDelete