Saturday, March 30, 2024

This Day In Baseball History

 
For the past few years, I've written a celebratory post on this date wishing Red Sox pitcher Chris Sale a happy birthday. I always thought it was amusing that a Red Sox player shared the same birthday as me. Well, Chris Sale is no longer on the Red Sox, having been traded to the Atlanta Braves during the off-season. I still wish Sale well (both today and during the season), but I needed to find something else to post on my birthday. Fortunately, I discovered something great and truly magical occurred on this date.
 
Hope springs eternal in the game of baseball. One of the best things about the sport is that you don't have to be the star player to win the game. The history of the game is filled with guys who have tried and failed, only to try again. Guys who have gotten knocked down, gotten up and persevered.

One individual spent over 40 years playing the game he loved, and more often than not found himself on the losing end. On this day in 1993, the impossible happened:
 
https://www.gocomics.com/peanuts/1993/03/30
 
Charlie Brown, baseball hero.

Happy Anniversary Charlie Brown! May your never-give-up attitude and love for the game be an inspiration to all!

(And Happy birthday to me!)

5 comments: