Friday, July 20, 2018

Payday Pack - Gone Platinum

There they were, all alone in their little display box. A single pack of Bowman Platinum. Normally, I pass on Bowman. I'm not a prospect hunter, and I don't like how Bowman divides its set with different numbering for the prospects. Still, this was their Platinum line, and to be honest I haven't seen any of the product on the blogs yet. In fact, I knew nothing about the product - when it was released, how it looked. Did I mention there one just one pack available? If I passed it up, chances are I'd never see any again. I couldn't resist, and let me tell you: These cards are just flat out pretty. I can't remember the last time I bought a pack without knowing what it looked like. It was worth it. Without further ado, here's my Top 3 favorites!

3rd Place

2018 Bowman Platinum - Top Prospects #TOP-62 Bo Bichette

As the son of former Rockies' star Dante Bichette, Bo was one of the few prospects I had actually heard of. He's currently in the Top 10 on MLB's Prospect List, so he's got skills to boot.  All the prospects have this same swirl design, which is borderline mesmerizing.

2nd Place

2018 Bowman Platimun #46 Kevin Kiermaier

The Major League portion of cards were equally beautiful. I love that color swirl, and Kiermaier's jersey color compliments the design very well!

1st Place

2018 Bowman Platinum - Prismatic Prodigies #PPP-9 Jay Groome

My one insert card, and it's a Red Sox prospect! Unfortunately, Groome had Tommy John surgery earlier this year and is out for the year. He's still young enough that this hopefully won't push back his development too much.

Others Not Appearing On Stage:
#16 Robinson Cano
#28 Manny Machado
#56 Gregory Polanco
#84 Dee Gorrdon
#87 Adam Jones
#TOP-63 Riley Pint
#TOP-73 Brayan Hernandez
#TOP-84 Colton Welker
#TOP-94 Bubba Thompson

I must say, this is my favorite looking set of 2018 so far! 

1 comment: