Thursday, July 26, 2018

Top 5 Hall of Fame: Trevor Hoffman


Next Sunday, the Hall of Fame will induct an amazing 6 new members into its hallowed halls. In honor of this event, I'm going to do a daily series this week showing off my 5 favorite cards in my collection for each player.

Today, I celebrate the great Padres closer, Trevor Hoffman. It's fairly easy to pick a Top 5 of a player when you only have 6 of his cards!

1994 Collector's Choice #494 Trevor Hoffman


Alright, not a rookie card, but 1994 was his first full season with San Diego as their closer. It was also the year he switched to his signature uniform number, 51.

1997 Topps #70 Trevor Hoffman


Topps' green borders in 1997 are slightly underrated in my opinion. The best thing about this card is the dirt cloud really sells the action of the card.

1997 Topps Gallery #130 Trevor Hoffman


Probably my favorite card of the lot, I picked this one up recently in a repack. The gold frame really adds a nice touch to the card, very classy.

2008 Upper Deck First Edition #453 Trevor Hoffman


I'm often amazed by pitchers because of their windups. If I tried to lift my leg that high I would probably pull something.

2010 Topps #364 Trevor Hoffman


Hoffman spent his final two years as a Brewer, making the All-Star team in 2009. Although he still looks weird wearing anything but a Padres uniform, I really like this close cropped shot.

Congratulations on making the hall, Trevor Hoffman!

4 comments:

  1. Miss watching Trevor close out games. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm curious to know which card didn't make the cut!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It a 2001 Upper Deck Victory: https://www.tradingcarddb.com/ViewCard.cfm/sid/1520/cid/288133/2001-Upper-Deck-Victory-461-Trevor-Hoffman

      Delete