Monday, July 23, 2018

Top 5 Hall of Fame: Alan Trammell


Next Sunday, the Hall of Fame will induct an amazing 6 new members into its hallowed halls. In honor of this event, I'm going to do a daily series this week showing off my 5 favorite cards in my collection for each player.

We'll start the series with a player that was long overdue, Alan Trammell. I'm presenting these in chronological order.

1978 Topps #707 Rookie Shortstops


I've posted about this card before. Now that Trammell is in the Hall, this card holds the rare distinction of being the official rookie card of two Hall of Famers!

1989 Fleer - All-Stars #11 Alan Trammell


When I was a kid collecting, there wasn't the wealth of information we have today. They way you knew if a player was good was by their appearance on an All-Star card. Alan Trammell always seemed to be the American League shortstop of choice. This well done insert set by Fleer is my favorite.

1991 Bowman #154 Alan Trammell


This card just has the look of a vintage card from the 50's or 60's. The pose, the background, the uniform - it all just looks right.

1992 Upper Deck #273 Alan Trammell

Here we have a great photo of Trammell playing his position. He's fully in the air, about to make the catch, while a base runner is sliding to mess up the play.

1997 Upper Deck #75 Alan Trammell


I wish Topps would do something like this. A final tribute to a great player who wrapped up his career, complete with full stats on the back. The proper sunset card.

Congratulations, Alan Trammell!

2 comments:

  1. Good job.The Trammell RC is one of my favorite cards. Greatly under appreciated until his HOF election.
    Shared the post on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite cards of Trammell is his 1991 Stadium Club. Great action shot.

    ReplyDelete