Friday, August 18, 2023

RIP Rick Jeanneret


 
I wasn't planning on doing a post today, but last night it was announced that legendary voice of the Buffalo Sabres, Rick Jeanneret, passed away at the age of 81

Growing up in Western NY, he was one of the unmistakable voices of my childhood. On the TV, on the radio, anytime the Sabres were playing, you would hear Rick. 

Jeanneret didn't have many sports cards (only 1 according to TCDB), so I can't really do a Top 3 tribute. To be honest, in this case an audio tribute would be more appropriate anyway. In his honor, I'd like to share my Top 3 favorite Rick Jeanneret calls: 
 

3. La La La La La LaFontaine!


2. May Day!


1. Top Shelf Where Mama Hides The Cookies!


Thank you, RJ, for being the voice of a fandom. Rest In Peace.

2 comments:

  1. RIP to one of the all-time great voices of the game. I remember all of those calls, and I never really followed the Sabres.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, a huge, huge loss in Buffalo. One of the most distinctive voices in all of sports in all of time.

    ReplyDelete