Friday, August 11, 2023

TCDB Trade Recap: Cards From Grand Blanc, MI (And Bonus Cards)

Postage rates increased multiple times over the past couple of years. It's gotten to the point where it really isn't worth sending out just a single card. Sometimes it still happens, like in my latest trade with a TCDB member named Aaron. I had a single card he needed, and he offered up one I needed.

 
Bryan Bello has the potential to be an ace level pitcher. He still taking his lumps on the big stage, but seeing what he can do should give every Red Sox fan cause for excitement. It doesn't hurt when someone like Pedro Martinez takes you under his wing. I like that you can clearly see the memorial patch for former Red Sox icon Jerry Remy.

Since I only had this one card to show off, I figured this would also be a good time to show off some generous bonus cards I've received lately.

The last two Time Travel Trading envelopes that I've received from Greg (Night Owl Cards) have included some bonus Heritage cards. Duran and Dalbec are two young players that have had opposite starts to their careers. Duran started his Major League career off miserably, to the point where a lot of people gave up on him. Things really started to click this year, and he's been consistently one of Boston's best hitters. He may be our center fielder for years to come. Dalbec, however, made a splash right away, hitting 25 home runs during his rookie season. Since then, he's struggled to replicate that success. He's been hitting well in Triple-A, but with Raffy Devers at third and Triston Casas at first, Bobby looks like a change of scenery candidate.
 
 
I also got some bonus cards from Jeff (Wax Pack Wonders) awhile back. He helped chip away at some Topps Red Sox base needs.
 
 
I still have a lot of Red Sox from the 1982 set to track down, and less than a dozen from 2002. Interesting side note: Having 141 different Wade Boggs cards doesn't even get you in the Top 200 of collectors on the TCDB. Not that that's a goal, but as one of the players I have the most of, it's interesting to see how I compare to the super-collectors.

Thanks for the trade, Aaron, and thanks for the cards Greg and Jeff!

4 comments:

  1. You're welcome. I have lots of Heritage dupes from this year, but not very many Red Sox for whatever reason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not every day you see a Dante Bichette Red Sox card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boggs is popular.
    There might be an obscure player you're on the leaderboard for and you don't even know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I initially read this title as cards from Mel Blanc, MI :)

    ReplyDelete