Friday, January 12, 2024

2023 Year In Review

Every year, I have taken a look at how the past year has impacted my collection, and I thought I should continue again this year and see what changed in 2023! 

2023 Highlights

  • The blog reached 6 years, which included my 1,000th post!
  • I also reached another milestone - 300 haiku
  • The Time Travel Trading Project continues to grow. I started the year with 624 cards in the stack. After 61 trades, the stack is now at a whopping 797 cards. (This is even after I had "retired" 38 cards from the project! My trade partners have fed this beast with their generosity, and I am thankful!)
  • I added two more cards to my Golden Sox Project which puts me at 13 of the 35 cards, or just over 1/3 of the way. I'll keep plugging away at this, but unless prices come way down on the Rafael Devers ASR card, I may not get this complete anytime soon. 
  • My goal of acquiring the Topps base card of every Red Sox from 1975 onward is coming along well, I'm under 200 cards needed now, which is impressive since I wasn't collecting for about 25 years of that time. The list should go even faster now that I bought the most valuable of those cards - the 1983 Wade Boggs rookie card.
  • I finished what is now the oldest complete set in my collection - The 1978 Topps set!

2023 Diamond Jesters Blog Stats


Number of posts: 148 (4 less than last year, still in range with what I have been putting out yearly)
Month with the most posts: 14 posts in March and October
Top 5 viewed posts:  Spam-bots aside, I had 37 posts hit the 100 view mark, which seems pretty good to me.
Most commented posts: Random Thoughts And Musings For The Blog's 6th Anniversary - 31 comments (Granted, almost half of those were responses to comments from me, but still the 16 that you all wrote still led the field)
Followers: 70 (Who says blogs aren't cool anymore? 4 new followers since last year...)

My Collection

(Stats courtesy of the Trading Card Database)

 
Total number of cards: 45,343 (Just over 1,500 new cards acquired this year, about 500 less  than last year!)
Cards from 2023 sets: 316 (The dip in the amount of new cards continues, thanks to a nice combination of sets getting pushed back, those sets not being available locally, and my general unimpressed feelings about said sets)
Red Sox cards: 6,583 (Exactly 1,000 cards from last year's total - I couldn't plan that if I tried!)
Autographed cards: 44 (11 new this year: Alan Embree, Jeff Gray, Luis Mendoza, Joe Morgan, Ike Delock, Jim Marshall, Carl Pavano, Jason Varitek, Mike Maddux, Rich Gedman, Rico Petrocelli) 
 

Graded cards: 1 (No new cards this year)
Relic cards: 23 (4 new this year: Curt Schilling, Nomar Garciaparra/Pedro Martinez, Hideo Nomo, Johnny Damon)

 
All in all, 2023 was a great year! Here's hoping for an even better 2024!

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a banner year! Cheers to a better 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you're a Red Sox fan when you mention Joe Morgan and don't bother to specify it's the manager and not the Hall of Fame second baseman. Ha.

    Congrats on completing the 1978 Topps set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great year for you. Here's to an even better 2024!

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of these days I'll tackle my trade boxes to pull Red Sox cards out. As for the Devers ASR, I bet I have a spare so be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on writing 300 haikus! Love that series! At first I was surprised that the Boggs rookie card is the most expensive Red Sox base card from 1975 to now. But I guess guys like Yaz and Fisk came before 1975.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2023 was a good year for you! I'll have to check out your Sox needs on Tcdb and see if I can help there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe it's because I can't imagine doing it myself, but I'm slightly envious of those that put together stat posts like this.

    ReplyDelete