Friday, October 20, 2023

Down The Ebay Rabbit Hole #2 - A Set Completed

 
When it comes to my collection, I have goals, but I don't put time limits on them. I'm not one to say "This year I'm going to..." or "I'll have this set completed before before the month ends.." or anything like that. It happens when it happens. 

One of the goals I've had is to complete the 1978 Topps set. I started the year off needing just 14 more cards. I managed to acquire most of them via a trade and a Sportlots purchase, but since the end of March I've been just one card away from completion. 

A couple of weeks ago, I mention that I had a prepaid gift card that is set to expire at the end of the year. I knew that last card was going to be one of my primary targets, assuming I could get a decent copy at a price I would be happy with. After a few auctions where I was outbid or the price became too high, I finally snagged the last card I needed to complete the 1978 Topps set!
 
 
The Hawk has been staring at me on my So Close page for far too long, and now he and his nifty little rookie cup are in hand! This is now the oldest set I've completed, and my first 70's set!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on the set completion! It is one of my all time favorite sets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I'm about 100 cards away from completing my '78 set. Slow and steady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Congrats on completing the '78 set, and picking up that sweet Hawk to cap it off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pickup! I've been going down the eBay rabbit hole a bit too much lately myself.

    ReplyDelete