Monday, May 1, 2017

30 Day Challenge: Day 3

Courtesy of Off Hiatus Baseball Cards

Day 3: A Card From The First Set You Tried To Complete

I refer to my card collecting days in terms of eras. The First Era of baseball card collecting happened briefly in the early eighties. The first set I ever tried to complete officially ended the era.

1982 Topps Stickers #127 Dave Parker AS

I grew up in a small town in Western New York. Back then, there was an honest to goodness corner store that all the neighborhood kids would go to spend their hard earned money. We'd buy candy and drinks mostly, and the store had some cheap toys like balsa wood planes and little plastic army men with parachutes. There were also sticker albums. My friends and I bought our baseball albums and spent a good part of the summer buying the stickers and trying to fill those books. Sadly, I don't know what became of this album. It isn't with my card collection. It likely got tossed out, but there's always a chance it's in a box somewhere in my parent's basement or garage. I hope so, because I'd love to thumb through it once more.




No comments:

Post a Comment