Tuesday, May 23, 2017

30 Day Challenge: Day 21

Day 21: A Card Of A Rookie You Thought You Were Investing In

Again, I never collected with an eye towards investment. I was a set collector first and foremost. That being said, I was always aware of how certain cards were being valued, and hoped one day my set would be worth substantially more than it is now. Many rookies came and went, but everyone I knew was collecting Ken Griffey Jr.

1989 Donruss #33 Ken Griffey Jr. (RC, RR)
His Upper Deck card became the one most sought after, but I was happy to get his Donruss and Fleer cards when I could. I have a couple of each, and although they won't pay off my credit card debt anytime soon, I'm still glad they're in my collection.

Courtesy of Off Hiatus Baseball Cards




No comments:

Post a Comment