Tuesday, May 9, 2017

In Support of Jameson Taillon

I apologize in advance, as this is not really a baseball card related post. However, every now and then something happens in the sports world that connects to me and my personal life.


2016 Topps Update #US58a Jameson Taillon

Pirates Pitcher Jameson Taillon Suspected To Have Testicular Cancer

Mr. Taillon was nice enough to sign a baseball for me last March when I was at the Pirates Spring Training stadium in Florida. It saddens me to hear this latest news. He's the second player I've heard of this year (Rockies pitcher Chad Bettis being the first) that has been diagnosed with testicular cancer.

I myself am a testicular cancer survivor. Needless to say, awareness for this particular type of cancer is something I try to promote. It's among the leading cancers among men ages 15-44, and also has one of the highest survival rates if detected in time.

I know this a new blog, and I don't have many readers, but I'm going to ask a favor of any male readers. Check yourself. It's easy to do, and it could save your life.

Courtesy of the Testicular Cancer Awareness Foundation

In a bit of coincidence, I'll be participating in my local Relay For Life this Friday. I'll be walking in support of everyone who has been diagnosed with TC, and now that includes Mr. Taillon. Here's to a smooth recovery and quick return to the mound!



No comments:

Post a Comment