Saturday, May 6, 2017

30 Day Challenge: Day 8

Courtesy of Off Hiatus Baseball Cards


Day 8: A Card That Reminds You Of A Family Member

1971 Topps #450 Bob Gibson

My Uncle Bill also collects baseball cards. Pretty much every card from the early 70s that I own I got from him. He made a deal with me once when I was a kid. He handed me stacks and stacks of baseball cards, and it was my job to sort and order them. Singles went to him, and I got to keep the doubles. I was more than happy to do it, and it was the first time I held cards older than me. My uncle's favorite team is the Cardinals, and Bob Gibson is his favorite player.

2 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool. No one in my family even cares for cards...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very lucky to have a few members of my family that at least supported my hobby.

    ReplyDelete