Wednesday, May 3, 2017

30 Day Challenge: Day 5

Courtesy of Off Hiatus Baseball Cards

Day 5: A Certified Autograph Of One Of Your Favorite Players

Well, I'm five days in, and I've already hit my first roadblock. The sad news is, I don't own any certified autograph cards from any of my favorite players. Do I pick one of the few certified cards I own, even if it's just someone I can appreciate? Do I list a card of a favorite player, even though I don't own it? Do I list an autograph of someone I like, even though it's not certified? Well, the challenge didn't state it had to be in my collection, so I'll post one I don't own:

2012 Topps Gypsy Queen - Autographs #GQA-DP Dustin Pedroia
Dustin Pedroia is fun to watch. He's fun to listen to.  From what I gather, in some circles, he's even fun to hate. Pedroia (or as my father-in-law calls him, "the little $h!t") plays the game hard every day and is a favorite of Boston fans everywhere. Gypsy Queen is a cool looking brand too, so this card just works for me. Maybe some day I'll add it.

Oh, what the heck! Bonus round time! Here's the first certified autograph I ever pulled:

2016 Topps Archives - Bull Durham Autographs #BDA-J William O'Leary
Obviously, this is not a favorite player (not even my favorite baseball movie!), but it was cool to pull this nonetheless!


2 comments:

  1. My wife's family still lives in parts of Maine and Mass. so I hear about Pedroia and the Red Sox quite a bit. However if this day's challenge gave you a challenge, wait until you get a little further into this 30 Day Baseball Card Challenge!

    Great blog BTW, I added yours to my blog roll (Cardboard Collections)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the add, Colby! I added your blog to mine as well!

      Delete