Wednesday, May 17, 2017

30 Day Challenge: Day 16

Day 16: A Card Of A Player You Don't Like But Respect

This is a tough one because I don't know these players personally. The ones I dislike, I do so because of some transgression that I found disrespectful.  Finding a team I don't like, however, that's easy! So I just need to find someone I can respect from one particular team. Enter Sandman Mo....

2015 Topps - Eclipsing History #EH-6 Mariano Rivera/Whitey Ford

He was a Yankee, which is bad enough. I'm also one of those types of baseball fans that think closers are overrated. You would think the greatest closer of all time being a Yankee would put him low on my list, but I respect him though. He always played with integrity, never showed people up, and was a classy person on and off the field. I'll also offer this admission: I once went to a game at Yankee Stadium. Towards the end of the game, Metallica started playing, the crowd went nuts, and Mariano Rivera walked to the mound. Even I got goosebumps.

Courtesy of Off Hiatus Baseball Cards


No comments:

Post a Comment