Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Repack Haiku

I've been contemplating what else I can post on here. Most of my posts have been centered on the 30 Day Challenge, with a few other posts sprinkled in. Although I've thoroughly enjoyed these Challenge posts, the truth of the matter is that once I'm done with it, I'm going to have to rely on my own creativity for future posts. I thought about doing a random card-of-the-day type deal, possibly going the weekly "Throwback Thursday" route. However, I'm too lazy to go through my collection and randomly select one. I decided to trust in the randomness of the repack. I like repacks - they're cheap, and contain a healthy mix of both cards I'm unfamiliar with, and cards from my heyday of collecting.

So here's the plan. I bought a repack, and will feature every card in it, hopefully once a week. And rather than write a paragraph or two giving my thoughts on card design or the player in question, I'm going to give each wonderful card its very own Haiku. Fair warning - this will probably be awful.

So without further ado, I present the charter member of my Repack Haiku:

First card from repack
It catches your attention
a shiny Pedro


2014 Topps Chrome #109 Pedro Alvarez

Not exactly Walt Whitman, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment