Tuesday, May 16, 2017

30 Day Clallenge: Day 15

Day 15: One of your favorite cards from the 2010s

Some guys stick out because they are fun to watch. Ever since I moved to Virginia, I've been able to watch a lot of Orioles and Nationals games. Recently, I've developed an appreciation that Max Scherzer is an awesome pitcher. A 4-time all-star, he's one of 6 pitchers to win the Cy Young Award in each league. He's also has heterochromia, which you can see here.

2016 Topps Archives #50 Max Scherzer
As far as unusual genetic traits go, having two different colored eyes is a pretty cool one. (Fun fact: other celebrities with heterochromia include Mila Kunis and Dan Aykroyd!)

Courtesy of Off Hiatus Baseball Cards
(I figured I'd change things up a bit and put the list at the end of the post. If you've been reading my Challenge Posts this far, you don't need a constant reminder right away.)


3 comments:

  1. One of my great uncles had that, but he died before I was born. I wonder if it affects how you see things when you have that? It certainly doesn't seem to affect his baseball playing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I've read, there is no difference between the eyes other than the color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I didn't know that he had that condition and I'd certainly never seen that card before. Fascinating!

    ReplyDelete