Tuesday, May 2, 2017

NL All-Star Ballots (You Had A Good April Edition)

Yesterday, I looked at the AL ballot. Today, I'm going to give my one month picks for the NL.

First Base:

I honestly surprised myself here. I was weighing between Paul Goldschmidt and the amazing story of Eric Thames. Then I looked at the numbers and saw what an incredible year/month this UVa alum is having.

2011 Topps Heritage #392 Ryan Zimmerman (AS)
Also considering: Paul Goldschmidt, Eric Thames

Second Base:

This guy is quickly becoming a personal favorite. He has ties to my local Valley League, and he's just fun to watch.

2016 Topps Update #US125a Daniel Murphy (AS)
Also considering: Carlos Hernandez, Brandon Phillips

Shortstop:

Another unexpected surprise. He's saved a couple of my fantasy league teams.

2017 Topps Heritage #273 Chris Owings
Also considering: Corey Seager, Trea Turner

Third Base:

Lots of competition here! In the end, I went with Gold Glove defense plus the offense:

2017 Topps Heritage #373 Nolan Arenado (AS)
Also considering: Kris Bryant, Travis Shaw, Justin Turner

Catcher:

The Nationals are going to be well represented, just a hunch...

2016 Topps Update - All-Star Stitches #ASTIT-MW Matt Wieters (MEM)
Also considering: Buster Posey, Austin Hedges

Outfielders:

There are a lot of worthy players here. This is the position which I gave the most thought to. In the end, I think I chose well:

2016 Topps Update #US297a Bryce Harper (AS)

2014 Topps Update #US299 Charlie Blackmon (ASG)

2015 Topps Update #US247a Ryan Braun (AS)
Also considering: Jay Bruce, Yasamy Thomas, AJ Pollock

A lot can happen between now and the All-Star game. I'm sure some players will rise, and some will fall.  I plan see if any changes need to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment