Friday, August 4, 2017

Random Thoughts

Just a few random thoughts and observations today:

*Apparently, it's Blue Tape and Pull Tap Awareness Week! I'll refer you to the excellent post from Baseball Card Breakdown for the particulars. I had no idea this was a thing. When I received my prize pack from Collecting Cutch, I noticed the blue tape and pull tab, and now I know the reason behind this. As a new blogger, I haven't mailed out many cards (yet). In fact, I've only sent out one envelope so far. In retrospect, while I feel the cards arrived in good shape, I now know I could do better. Thanks for making this collector aware!

*Also coming up next week is National Baseball Card Day! If you're near one of the participating stores, you can score some free cards! Sadly, there are only 6 stores listed in Virginia, and none of them are close by. Oh well, you can't miss what you don't have.

*Finally, Topps also released a preview of next year's design:

If baseball logos made a sound, this one would go "Wheeeee!"

I hereby dub this the "Slip-N-Slide" set! While I like the look better than the past two years, it still overall pretty bland. Please bring back a border design soon, Topps. Also, thanks for not featuring an overexposed Yankee rookie...oh, wait, never mind...

1 comment: