Thursday, April 30, 2020

Support For Trey Mancini

I miss baseball, but not really.

It's a big part of my life, and helps define who I am as a person. At worst, it's a worthy background noise while I do things around the house. At it's best, it's thrilling entertainment better than anything Hollywood can produce.

I miss it, but there are more important things in life.

2018 Stadium Club #159 Trey Mancini

 Young Orioles slugger Trey Mancini recently revealed he is battling Stage III Colon Cancer. Living in Virginia, I get to watch a lot of Orioles games on MASN, and he's a bright spot on a team that hasn't had much to get excited about recently. He seems like a good guy, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He's exactly the kind of guy a baseball fan roots for.

From what he's written, he's doing very well. It was caught early. He still has a long road of chemo still ahead of him. If baseball is played in 2020, he will not be on that field.

As a cancer survivor myself, I'm keeping him in my thoughts and prayers as he battles this. Seeing him back in uniform again will be a reason for celebration.

Keep fighting, Trey.







1 comment:

  1. Well said. Hope to see Trey make a full and speedy recovery. I'll be cheering for him on and off the field.

    ReplyDelete