Monday, July 8, 2024

TCDB Trade Recap: Cards From Cincinati, OH

Awhile back, I lamented on trading through the TCDB and how it can be a hassle to get trades done. That particular case was in regards to me actively looking to trade away a card. On the whole, I've had very positive experiences with trading, having completed over 200 trades through the site. 
 
One of the avenues for a trade often comes from the site's forums. People will regularly post about sets they are looking to finish. That's how I came to match up with a member named Matthew (great name!). He posted that he was looking to complete the 2024 Topps Series One set, so I went to his profile, where I can easily click a link and look at all the cards on his Want list that I have on my For Trade list. I didn't have any 2024 doubles he needed, but it turns out I had quite a few extras that he needed for his 2023 Topps set build. Since I've been picking up what 2024 cards I can myself, it was easy to finds some cards I needed:
 

At the time, I still needed 4 of the Red Sox players from Series One, so this trade leaves me with just Kutter Crawford (plus now the Series Two guys).

Favorite Card: So many great Red Sox, but that Spencer Strider photo is an excellent horizontal card!

Thanks for the trade Matthew!

2 comments:

  1. I see a few 2024 Series I cards that I still need there, Topps either short-prints some, or more likely double-prints others.

    ReplyDelete