Friday, December 15, 2017

Payday Pack - Taking In Some Fine Art

For this week's Payday Pack, I decided to join in and open up some of the new Topps Gallery. My initial impression: I think this is one of the nicer looking sets Topps has put out this year. I like the paintings paired with a simple border design. Rather than show the whole pack, here are my 3 favorites:

3rd Place

2017 Topps Gallery - Blue #53 Kenta Maeda

I'm not a huge fan of all the parallels that come in each set nowadays, it's just too much. However, I can't argue with this crisp blue border. The fact the team colors match the border make this even better!

2nd Place

2017 Topps Gallery - Hall of Fame Gallery #HOF-14 Dave Winfield

I'm just going to come out and say it - I love this insert set! This is a beautifully done set and I would seriously consider attempting to complete it. I almost want Topps to produce a giant set like this featuring every Hall of Famer.

1st Place

2017 Topps Gallery - Hall of Fame Gallery Green - #HOF-21 Rod Carew

One of the earliest book reports I remember reading in grade school was a biography of Rod Carew.
Again, another well done use of a parallel - the green just makes this card pop!


Contestants Not Appearing On Stage:
#99 Randal Grichuck
#69 Blake Snell
#51 Javier Baez
#112 Keon Broxton
#18 Addison Russell
#24 Charlie Blackmon (Canvas)
#56 Hunter Renfroe RC (Canvas)
#64 German Marquez RC
#135 Kyle Schwarber

No comments:

Post a Comment