Friday, January 12, 2018

Payday Pack - Blast Off!

I live in an area that could be considered a card collector's wasteland. There are no card shops locally, and no card shows within driving distance. My options for new product reside fully within the walls of my local Wal-Mart and Target stores. In these cold winter months, what is left on the shelves is uninspiring - some Topps Series 2, plenty of Topps Update, maybe a stray pack of Gallery if I'm lucky. From what I've read, I'm not alone in this regard. It has gotten to a point where I really don't feel much like buying a payday pack just for the sake of buying one. Rather than continuously writing posts on the same product until the new base set comes out, I figured I would buy one of those repacked boxes with multiple unopened packs and throw some variety into the mix.

We'll start things out with a pack of 2015 Topps Series 1. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: I miss borders on cards. 2015 had a great design, and it is sure to go down as one of the more memorable. Here are my 3 favorites:

3rd Place

2015 Topps #280 Miguel Montero
Take off the chest protector, and you would think he was a pitcher - the grip on the ball, the look of determination on his face - I almost feel sorry for the baserunner he's trying to gun down.

2nd Place

2015 Topps #34 Charlie Blackmon
I love it when the border color matches the team colors, and few cards represent that better than the Colorado Rockies' purple borders. If I didn't know better, I'd swear eve his beard had a purple tinge to it!

1st Place

2015 Topps - Baseball History #12A Space Shuttle Columbia Launches
Few things in this world stir the imagination quite like a shuttle launch. This is just an incredible photo!

Other Contestants Not Appearing On Stage:
#139 Gary Brown
#323 Eric Hosmer
#76 Ian Kennedy
#223 Los Angeles Angels (TC)
#50 Yu Darvish
#39 Salvador Perez
#231 Andrew Cashner
#141 Cory Spangenberg (RC)
#282 Alex Presley

No comments:

Post a Comment