Monday, February 26, 2018

Time Travel Trading Update #4


All Lucas Sims could do is shake his head as the laughter poured out of the speaker of his phone. His teammates had gotten him good! He couldn't believe they were able to convince him he got traded to the Indians. Now here he stood, outside the gates of their Spring Training home in Goodyear, AZ watching the Indians players do warm up drills while he waited for a cab.

An hour later the cab pulls up. Before Sims could reach the curb, the cab door swung open and another ball player came out. "Eric Hosmer? What are you doing here?" asked Sims. "I have a meeting scheduled with the Indians' General Manager." Hosmer replied. "Even though I have already signed with the Padres, I always keep my appointment!"

A scream erupted from the Indians training complex, and as the two ballplayers turned to see what happened, a white light envelopes them, and they were gone.

***

As luck would have it, I got 3 packages in one day, so a lot more cards to add here!

First off is a package from Billy of Cardboard History. Billy liked my trade idea so much that he offered me 3 well-loved cards from 1978 in exchange for any card of my preference. He just wanted to be in on the fun! I ended up sending him the Cleveland Indians team card, and I got these cards in return:




Up next was Colbey from Cardboard Collections. This Braves fan snagged the Lucas Sims RC, and in return I get to add a 1977 George Medich to the fold:


Finally, Chris from Nachos Grande decided he wanted the Eric Hosmer. We decided to have some fun with this trade, and the return package was going to be a complete surprise. He sent along some Red Sox cards my way, as well as a great vintage:



The Time Travel Trade Stack:

2018 Topps
#135 Atlanta Braves (TC)
#180 Ryan Braun

2013 Topps Update
#US84 Stephen Drew

1990 Topps
#18 Carlos Quintana

1979 Topps
#455 Bill Lee

1978 Topps
#24 Don Money
#193 Rich Chiles
#347 Terry Forster
#445 Mike Ivie
#471 Roy Smalley
#581 Lynn McGlothen

1977 Topps
#294 George Medich

1971 Topps
#177 Hal McRae

1964 Topps
#305 Jack Lamabe

1962 Post Cereal
#58 Frank Malzone

1956 Topps Davy Crockett Orange Back
#54 The Alamo's Answer

With these recent additions, I now have 16 cards available for trade out of my initial pack of 12, and I still have some cards slated to come in! Not only is the Time Travel Trade stack getting older, it's gotten bigger! Now's the time to join in the fun! Make me an offer - any older card within reasonable condition. Let me know in the comments below, or on the Trading Card Database (User name: Kep75)!

No comments:

Post a Comment