Friday, October 8, 2021

TCDB Trade Recap: Cards From Rahway, NJ

It took awhile to get this trade completed, but I'm happy to show off 9 new cards for the collection. My trade partner, Stephen, unfortunately had to deal with the aftermath of Hurricane Ida and couldn't mail out his end of the trade in a timely matter. We stayed in contact, I was happy to wait, and eventually, the cards arrived. 
 
 
As per usual, there are Red Sox needs, including a pair of Pedros. The rest of the trade was a selection of cards from the 1993 Ted Williams set. This is another one of those sets I'm not actively working on, but I like enough to pick up cards when I can.
 
Favorite card: Cards of Negro League players are always cool, so Rube gets today's "award".

Thanks for the trade Stephen!

**********

Contest alert! Head over to Collector's Crack for his 11th Annual Almost The Easiest World Series Contest On The Web! Just pick who you think is going to win the World Series (plus a few tiebreakers) and you could win a prize tailored to your collection!

2 comments:

  1. North Jersey got hit way harder by Ida than anyone expected. I've been through Rahway many times as it's on the route to the big model show I attend in Wayne every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Rube Foster is nice because it isn't the usual photo of him that gets used for card sets.

    ReplyDelete