Friday, February 4, 2022

86'ing Some 86's From The Needs List

A TCDB member named Derek needed to clear some space and decided to offer up some free cards. I was more than happy to look though what he had and rescue some Red Sox. I ended up focusing on a set that, despite being in my prime era of collecting, I never had more than a handful of.
 
 
The 1986 Donruss set never drew my attention, mainly because I never really saw much of it in my local card shops and shows. I'd see the Jose Canseco rookie plenty enough, but the rest of the set never got much love. It's not a horrible design, especially by Donruss's standards, and the more I look at these Red Sox cards, no more it's growing on me.

Favorite Card: Oil Can Boyd is looking smooth, and I believe there's a blurry Roger Clemens cameo behind him.

Thanks again, Derek!

4 comments:

  1. "It's not a horrible design ..."

    Or the worst look for a Donruss set ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smooth is the perfect word to describe Oil Can on that card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the first Donruss set that I ever recall seeing, and as such, it's still one of my favorite designs that they used.

    ReplyDelete