Friday, June 17, 2022

TCDB Trade Recap: Cards From Pen Argyl, PA

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I guess that's true, because I felt flattered when a TCDB member named Jeff messaged me. He liked the concept of my Time Travel Trading Project, and wanted my blessing to do something similar. I can't claim any creative rights to the idea, so I told him to go for it. He's doing his project exclusively through the TCDB from what I can tell, and rather than trade to obtain older cards, he's taking a 2-for-1 quantity approach, aiming to get more cards than what was sent out. I'm not sure how that'll work out for him to be honest, but I was happy to help get him started. I sent 8 doubles I had that he needed, and received 4 Heritage cards in return.
 

Favorite card: That Vazquez is on the short list to make my end-of-year list of greatest Red Sox cards - just a fantastic shot!
 
Thanks for the trade, Jeff, and good luck on your project!

5 comments:

  1. As long as that fellow is sending out "good" cards, and is only interested in quantity, I would have to think that he'll have some success in his quest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I could see myself sending him some duplicates like that. I'm not on TCDB, though...is there a way to get in touch with him?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He doesn't have any external contact info on his TCDB page. If nothing else, give me your email and I'll pass it on to him and hopefully he'll get ahold of you.

      Delete