Monday, December 12, 2022

TCDB Trade Recap: Cards From Covina, CA And Hickory, NC

I'm showing off two small trades today, both made through the TCDB. The first one comes from a Californian named Mike, who helped with a few unusual Red Sox cards:


The Tales of the Game insert set from 2010 Topps contains some of the more off-beat stories in the sport's history. There are quite a few Red Sox tales brought to cardboard, and I'm glad to add the famous "bloody sock" as well as  Fenway's right field pole, named in loving honor of a Red Sox icon not known for hitting home runs.
 
The next trade comes Larry in North Carolina, who helped knock a few base set needs from this year's set.
 

It's still pretty sparse here as far as finding cards at my local Wal-Mart. I haven't had much opportunity to pick up any Series 2. I'm relying more on getting these cards through trade, which ironically is tougher now because I don't have as many newer cards available for trade. It is what it is though, and I'll get my team's cards sooner or later.

Favorite Card: The bloody sock - people don't serious believe that's ketchup do they? 

Thanks for the trades Mike and Larry!

2 comments:

  1. I always thought that Schilling was legit bleeding, but with him, who the heck knows.

    Do you have the Tales of the Game card with David Ortiz's jersey buried/uncovered at Yankee Stadium? That's an odd one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember the bloody sock game, but can no longer remember what the source of the bleeding was. I guess I should go Google that and refresh my memory.

    ReplyDelete