Thursday, September 14, 2017

Payday Pack - Head Strong

OK, Before I proceed with this week's Payday Pack, I need to make a small request: My Single Elimination Challenge has entered the next round, and I need voters! Just go to my latest SEC blog post and comment on the card you like best. It's that easy! Please take a second and check it out. Thanks!

I recently found myself at the local Kmart, and decided to check out what cards they had. There wasn't much, although they did have some discounted packs from last year. I decided to take advantage of a cheap 20 card double-pack of last year's Heritage set. I like the 1967 design more than this year's 1968 design.

Here are my 3 Favorites from the pack:

3rd Place

2016 Topps Heritage #342 Boston Red Sox (CL)
The packaging on this pack was flimsy enough that I was able to make out the top cards on the pack. I clearly saw the words "Red Sox", and knew this was the pack I was going to buy. Here we see the 3 outfielders tipping their hats. They would later develop a dance routine that has become quite popular among Boston fans.

2nd Place

2016 Topps Heritage #177a 2016 AL Rookie Stars
I guess you can't really go wrong with a rookie card of young masher Sanchez...

1st Place

2016 Topps Heritage #134 Bartolo Colon
Since Heritage mimics the 1967 design, most of the player cards are simple head shots. I get it, it's how a lot of vintage cards were set up, but it's boring. It was refreshing to see Bartolo tossing a ball by contrast.

The Others:
#207 Brett Lawrie
#102 Scott Kazmir
#33 Jason Grilli
#196 Jorge De La Rosa
#340 Mark Teixeira
#161 2016 Cubs Rookie Stars (Schwarber/Edwards)
#NF-JH Jimmy Hoffa (1967 Flashbacks)
#372 Cody Allen
#248 A.J. Ramos
#355 Texas Rangers (CL)
#46 Marcus Semien
#66 Eddie Rosario
#49 Yonder Alonso
#295 Avisail Garcia
#68 Welington Castillo
#395 Jordy Mercer
#376 Neil Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment