Monday, September 25, 2017

SEC - "Sweet 16" Match Up #3

McCutchen advances!


Now that's what I'm talking about! A little pleading on the TCDB forums and I've set a new high in votes! Thanks to everyone that came and visited the blog! Let's keep it up! On to our next competitors:

2004 Topps World Champions Boston Red Sox #54 Team Celebration WS
 VS
1987 Conlon World Wide Sports Series 2 #9 Al Schacht

2004 World Series Champion
Bracket Round: defeated Billy Martin (2-1)
Fun Fact:This historical World Series win forced the writers of the movie "Fever Pitch" to change the Jimmy Fallon/Drew Barrymore film from a shock horror gore-fest to a romantic comedy.

Al Schacht
Bracket Round: defeated William O'Leary (1-1 Tie Breaker)
Fun Fact: If you have a starring contest with this card, not only will Al Schacht always win, but he will also read your thoughts.


4 comments:

  1. Al Schacht gets my vote. He was known as the Clown Prince of Baseball. If ever we needed a good laugh now is that time. Too bad Al is not with us any longer to provide those laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a tough one. One the one hand, you have a card documenting the actual history of the sport, which is my main reason for collecting. On the other, you have a card looking deep into the history of the sport to shed some light on a player who's not currently active.

    I think I have to go with the Red Sox for the sole reason it was actually issued currently to document the sport as it happened. But I'm not totally sold on my vote myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al Schacht gets my vote. I'm a Cardinals fan...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Al Schacht. That facial expression is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete