Monday, February 3, 2020

The Golden Sox Project (Did We Just Become Best Friends?)

One of the fun things you can do on the TCDB is create lists that others can see. I was looking at a few and came across one by a member named Kevin. He listed the last few cards he needed to complete the 1973 Topps set. According to the database, I had one of the cards he needed. I don't plan on completing that set anytime soon, so it was a card I was willing to pass along to someone who would appreciate it more. I looked through the card he had available to trade, and he just so happened to have one for my Golden Sox Project:


Kevin included the Mookie Heritage card as well, and I'm quite please to add this fun gold parallel to the collection! The 2018 Red Sox might be taking a bit of a public relations hit lately, but I'm still planning on slowly putting this set together. I now have 5 of the 31 cards needed.

Thanks for the trade Kevin!

2 comments:

  1. I have a gold-parallel fetish myself so I’m closely watching this project of yours!

    I wonder if Mookie and JD will still be friends after the Sox deal Mookie and choose JD over him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. TCDB has really helped collectors come together and help each other out. If there was a hobby hall of fame, it should be in it.

    ReplyDelete