Have you ever played the game Taboo? If you haven't, the essential premise is to try to describe an object without using a list of words.
I thought it would be fun to try this using baseball cards. For example, if I said "Naughty word on bat knob" , chances are you would know I'm talking about the 1989 Fleer Billy Ripken card. Easy, right?
Now, ideally I think this would make a fun Bat-A-Round, but I'll let my fellow bloggers decide if this is worthy. If anyone wishes to do this, let me establish a list of "Taboo" words and phrases:
- Player names or positions
- Team city/state/moniker
- Card manufacturers or product names
- The year the card came out
- The following words: "rookie" "All-Star" or "Hall of Fame/Famer"
Got it? Fantastic! Let's see if you can figure outs these cards:
1. Integration pioneer slides into base
2. He's wearing a snake!
3. Milhouse just wanted the one with the big sideburns
4. Home run king's wood-grained debut
5. Knuckleball legend's great yellow sunset card
Go ahead and take your guesses in the comments! If any of my fellow bloggers choose to do their own version of the game, let me know too!