Friday, March 25, 2022

Trapped In Time: Remnants Of The 15th Trade


 
As far as these posts go, this one seems pretty much pointless to me. I have strong doubts this month's featured card will get traded, and yet I've already come to the decision that if it doesn't, I'm not going to remove it from the trade stack. Still, you never know, so let's look at this trade from April 2018:

Traded 04/11/18: 
  • 1956 Topps Davy Crockett Orange Back #54 The Alamo's Answer
Received 04/19/18:
  • 1938 Church & Dwight Useful Birds of America Tenth Series (J9-6) #2 Black-throated Green Warbler
 

This was the first time in my life I had ever traded away a card from the 1950's. At the time, I sincerely thought this Church & Dwight issue would remain the oldest card I ever acquired. It's not even in the Top 5 oldest now. In regards to its fate, I decided that any cards older than 1950 should stay in the stack. It adds character to the stack and shows the possibilities to what this project has achieved. Besides, there isn't a single member on the TCDB with this card on their want list.
 
Poor little Warbler, no one wants you! *queue sad Sarah McLaughlin music* Only you, loyal readers, can rescue this tiny little birdie from a lifetime of purgatory...

(Oh, since I've only shown cards over 60 years old so far in this series, I promise next month's Trapped In Time remnant has a decent chance of actually being wanted/traded - it's actually a card from 80's, Tune in next time...)

1 comment:

  1. It really is an eye-catching card, but finding someone with pre-war tradebait is not an easy task. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete