Monday, August 1, 2022

Blog Trade Recap: Cards From Baseball Cards Come To Life!

It's safe to say I've done more trades with Bo (Baseball Cards Come To Life!) than anyone else. This is a rare trade that isn't within the scope of my Time Travel Trading Project. Back in June, Bo showed off some cards he won at an auction. He ended up with a lot of doubles, especially from the 1992 Fleer Roger Clemens Career Highlights insert set.
 
 
Roger was my favorite player growing up, so of course I would be interested in completing this set. This lot pushes me over the 50% mark, so I've added it to my So Close! page. The Greenwell is a 1994 Tombstone pizza food issue. It's the first one from that set I've seen, and Gator is the lone Red Sox player in the set. 

Favorite Card: Can't go wrong with any of them really. I'm picking the third Clemens on the bottom row, only because I knew I had seen the photo before. I initially thought it was "stolen" from Topps' 1987 All-Star card, but after going through my collection via the TCDB, I found Fleer had used it earlier in one of their box sets:

1989 Fleer SuperStars
#9 Roger Clemens

Thanks for the trade, Bo!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the trade! Great find with the Clemens photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those Fleer box sets from the 80's. Don't think I've seen that 89 SuperStars design before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you'll be able to find someone on the TCDB to help you finish that set.

    ReplyDelete