Friday, July 29, 2022

Trapped In Time: Remnants Of The 20th Trade

 
If you read the latest Time Travel Trading update, you'll know that I found a trade partner for the Zorro card! Don Mueller however didn't get any bites, so he gets retired and added to my personal collection. 

Today's remnant isn't the most exciting card, but may be on your want list if your working on this set, or one of those player collectors that collects cards if they just even mention your guy's name:

 
Trade #20 - Chris (The Collector)
Traded 07/06/18: 1964 Topps #186 Roman Mejias, 1976-77 Topps (hockey) #129 Jacques Lemaire, 1981-82 Topps (basketball) #14 Moses Malone, 2017 Bowman #9 Carlos Correa, 2018 Topps Opening Day - Team Traditions and Celebrations #TTC-SC "Sweet Caroline"

Received 07/09/18:
  • 2012 Topps #396 Yoenis Cespedes (RC) (See Trade #25)
  • 1993-94 Fleer (basketball) #224 Michael Jordan (LL) (See Trade #29)
  • 1986 Sportflics #64 Bert Blyleven/Jerry Koosman/John Denny (See Trade #24)
  • 1986 Sportflics #122 John Tudor (See Trade #40)
  • 1982 Donruss #NNO Checklist 545-653
  • 1982 Fleer #660 Specials Checklist (See Trade #23)
  • 1980 Topps #157 Willie Wilson (See Trade #166)
  • 1977 Topps (football) #206 Cleveland Browns (CL) (See Trade #29)
  • 1977 Topps (football) #269 Archie Griffin (RC) (See Trade #29)
  • 1974 Topps #17 Doug Bird (RC) (See Trade #24)
  • 1958 Topps #371 Marty Keough (RC) (See Trade #32)
 
Can I say how much I miss writing the little stories for each Time Travel trade? Looking back at this one, I was incredibly proud of the ones I did. Probably some of my best writing, at least from a creative standpoint. I guess the writer's block came at a good time though. The way this project has grown since then, it would be way too much extra work. Still, I miss it and I tell myself that if inspiration ever struck, maybe an occasional story or two may show up some day. It hasn't happened yet, but who knows?

Anyway, back to the card. This was my second trade with Chris (The Collector), and as you can see, the cards he sent did quite well, generating 7 new trades! Sadly, this lowly checklist remains unwanted:


If you're working on the 1982 Donruss set, the checklists are considered part of the set despite being unnumbered. If you're a high-level player collector, a lot of great names show up here (Shooty Babitt!). Ten Hall of Famers are listed on this checklist, including Cal Ripken Jr's rookie card.

The checklist is on the chopping block! Trade for it now or it gets retired!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed your Time Travel stories, though I'm sure it got too difficult to keep coming up with new ones after so many trades. Hope some '80s set builder can use that Donruss checklist.

    ReplyDelete