Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Even If I Lose, I've Already Won

Ever have multiple thoughts in your head that somehow influence each other? That was me recently. 

Thought #1 - I have this prepaid card that needs to get used up on my eBay account. I should find something to add to my collection...maybe I'll see what autographed Red Sox cards pique my interest...

Thought #2 - I am putting way too much effort into that contest that Daniel (It's Like Having My Own Card Shop) is running. More than any sane person should. I already have challenged myself to comment everyday. (That and playing Wordle, I swear...). I've even made a few blog posts to gain extra entries. I wonder if I can squeeze another one in though...
 
Hmmm...Ebay...autographs...Red Sox...Spary Lyle...contest.... 



I went and did a thing:
 
 
This card is one of three new Red Sox autographs headed my way. Of course I'm showing this one off so I can get some extra contest entries, but hey this way even if I lose the contest (Murphy's Law pretty much demands it) at least I'll still get a really cool Sparky Lyle to add to my collection!

Oh, since I'm posting twice in one day, make sure you didn't miss out on my earlier post - a tribute haiku to new Hall Of Famer Bud Fowler!

5 comments:

  1. The background on the White Sox photo is oddly fake. Can't think of other cards from that time period with that kind of background. Now of course they do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card. As an autograph collector... I can appreciate seeing Lyle's signature on A Pair of Sox card.

    P.S. Between you and Elliptical Man... I've seen more Lyle cards the past few weeks than in my lifetime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Should've just spent a buck to buy your own copy of his rookie. Would've saved a lot of time and energy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What fun would that of been? It was the game and not the prize that I got the most enjoyment from!

      Delete