Monday, September 26, 2022

Generous Cards From Daniel

I've spoken at length many time about a recent contest held over at It's Like Having My Own Card Shop. It was centered around a certain player I won't name. In truth, I had a lot of fun just participating in the contest, and challenged myself to comment on his blog post every day that the contest was open (It was one of the ways to earn extra entries!) I didn't win (or I did depending on your way of thinking), but Daniel appreciated my efforts enough to send some cards my way anyways.

He sent quite a few cards, more than I could reasonably show. But I will show off some highlights and personal favorites. We'll start off, of course with some Red Sox cards:
 
 
A Fred Lynn rookie card? Please and thank you!
 
Another Red Sox card from an insert set I'm chasing. Although I'm not a fan of 30 card inserts devoted to one player, I'm glad Topps did this before Mookie joined the Dodgers. (Man, that trade still stings...)

 
Speaking of sets I'm chasing, these two cards officially close the book on the 1988 Topps Kmart Memorable Moments set. I could have bought the whole set off eBay years ago, but what fun would that have been?

 
Another set on my So Close page that I'm chasing is the 1991 Fleer Pro-Visions insert set. I just need Bo Jackson for that one, but Daniel sent me the entire 4 card factory Pro-Visions set instead! Awesome!


Daniel also included some great vintage - 2 of baseball's more fascinating stories in LeFlore and Washington, along with 2 of baseball's most memorable faces in Moon and Mossi!


Food issues are always fun, and this dual-player card from French's is a new one to me! Baseball cards with your mustard? Why not!


We'll finish things off with 5 cards from the 1979 Topps All-Time Record Holders subset. It's a shame certain all-time record holders won't be appearing on cards anytime soon, because subsets like these are fun just, especially when you can see how these lists have grown over generations.


Thanks for the cards Daniel! Your generosity is greatly appreciated!

5 comments:

  1. It was a fun contest; glad you got some good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even know there was a factory Pro-Visions set! Ken Harrelson is my favorite here though, it's just such a nice photo on that card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was a kid, I probably would have cried tears of joy had I received a Fred Lynn rookie card. I loved that Red Sox outfield back in the day. I eventually added a copy of that card when I bought my 1975 Topps set (it's a mini though) a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My '75 Lynn rookie needs an upgrade. I don't know if that will ever happen.

    ReplyDelete